- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place the beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 4-1/2 minutes or until tender; set aside. In another dish, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until onion is tender. Drain beans. Drizzle with onion mixture; toss to coast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Green Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p33
Reviews for Microwave Herbed Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"was not the highly impressed not a good mixture with the beans. Jutan opinion."