Microwave Hard Candy Recipe
(Used with permission from LorAnn Oils.)
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:144 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- LorAnn liquid food coloring (as desired)
- 1/2 dram (1/2 teaspoon) LorAnn flavoring oil (as desired)
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Thoroughly mix sugar and light corn syrup in a 4-cup microwave-safe glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and carefully remove plastic wrap.
- 2. Quickly stir the sugar mixture and then cover with a new sheet of plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, carefully remove plastic wrap and stir.
- 3. After boiling has ceased, stir in coloring and then flavoring. Pour syrup quickly but carefully onto a lightly greased baking sheet and score at once to mark squares. Break into pieces when cool and dust with confectioners' sugar if desired, to keep from sticking. Store in airtight containers. Yield: none.
1 serving (1 each) equals 9 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC