Microwave Hard Candy
(Used with permission from LorAnn Oils.)
144 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- LorAnn liquid food coloring (as desired)
- 1/2 dram (1/2 teaspoon) LorAnn flavoring oil (as desired)
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Thoroughly mix sugar and light corn syrup in a 4-cup microwave-safe
- glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2
- minutes. Remove from microwave and carefully remove plastic wrap.
- Quickly stir the sugar mixture and then cover with a new sheet of
- plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from
- microwave, carefully remove plastic wrap and stir.
- After boiling has ceased, stir in coloring and then flavoring. Pour
- syrup quickly but carefully onto a lightly greased baking sheet and
- score at once to mark squares. Break into pieces when cool and dust
- with confectioners' sugar if desired, to keep from sticking. Store
- in airtight containers. Yield: none.
Editor's Note: Mini-microwaves and commercial microwaves are not recommended.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 9 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.