Microwave Green Beans with Bacon
I enjoy dishes that are salty and sweet, so I changed a recipe to create this version which I can make in the microwave.Julie A. Jahnke, Green Lake, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover
- and microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until the beans are
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.