Microwave German Potato Salad Recipe
Microwave German Potato Salad has big flavor for a quick salad. "The first time I tried this easy side dish I was impressed and had to have the recipe," recalls Barbara Erdmann of West Allis, Wisconsin. "That's what happens to most people who taste it. It's a time-saver when I need a salad for a summer get-together."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion and celery; set aside. Place bacon in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until the bacon is crisp, stirring after each minute.
- 2. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Stir the sugar, flour, vinegar, salt and pepper into drippings until smooth; gradually add milk.
- 3. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until thickened. Pour over potato mixture; toss. Top with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC