- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked ham, pork or shrimp, optional
- 2 eggs
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the oil, onions, carrot and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in water, rice and bouillon. Cover and cook on high for 9-12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once. Stir in peas, soy sauce and ham if desired. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, beat the eggs. Cover and heat on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until firm. Cut into small pieces; stir into rice mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Fried Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p55
Reviews for Microwave Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review