Microwave French Onion Soup Recipe
Enjoy the taste and comfort of this classic soup through the convenience of microwave cooking. "It's a recipe that I turn to time and again," shares Mina Dyck of Boissevain, Manitoba. After one spoonful, you'll understand why.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 18-23 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 2. Ladle hot soup into four microwave-safe bowls. Top with croutons and cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 309 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1449mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Microwave French Onion Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC