Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and cream cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir in the Parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in salt if desired and pepper. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free half-and-half and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 368 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.