Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and cream cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir in the Parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in salt if desired and pepper. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
1-1/2 cup: 368 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo
"really east to make...taste great..."
"Delicious and so quick! Thank you :) If you want it to taste more "real" mix in about 1/8 tsp garlic powder and this is gonna sound crazy, a dash of nutmeg."
"I really wanted to like this but it tasted of nothing but cream cheese, even with using "real" Parmesan, not that junk out of a can."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.