Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo
"I created this recipe for a young co-worker who used to save up to eat at a nice Italian restaurant once a month," writes Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. "Now she can make this dish at home!"
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 ounce PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and cream cheese. Cover
- and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir in the Parmesan
- cheese until smooth. Stir in salt if desired and pepper. Drain
- fettuccine; toss with sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free half-and-half and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 368 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.