Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
"I created this recipe for a young co-worker who used to save up to eat at a nice Italian restaurant once a month," writes Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. "Now she can make this dish at home!"
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 ounce PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and cream cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir in the Parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in salt if desired and pepper. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Microwave Fettuccine Alfredo(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
I really wanted to like this but it tasted of nothing but cream cheese, even with using "real" Parmesan, not that junk out of a can.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >