- 1 piece Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- 3 spinach leaves
- Place Canadian bacon on bottom of a 6-oz. ramekin or custard cup coated with cooking spray. Pour egg substitute over top. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds or until egg is almost set. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave just until cheese is melted, about 10 seconds.
- Line bottom of English muffin with spinach. Place egg and Canadian bacon over spinach; replace English muffin top. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forMicrowave Egg Sandwich
"These can be made with real eggs, too. I make mine in a coffee cup with a saucer to cover, just in case they explode a bit (which they frequently do). You can either scramble them by mixing right in the cup or unscrambled, but it is a good idea to break the yolk before microwaving. The cooking method I use is to add a dash of water in the cup and add egg (poked yolk or scrambled), season as you wish, then microwave on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Run a knife around the cup to loosen egg and serve on a toasted english muffin that is thinly spread with miracle whip. Cheese slices and bacon or ham or sausage just make them even better. breakfast in 10 minutes or less. Wonderful!"