Microwave Divinity Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place egg whites in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave-safe 2-qt. bowl, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until a candy thermometer reads 260°(hard-ball stage), stirring every 2 minutes. Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- 3. With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 15-20 minutes. Immediately stir in pecans and vanilla. (Do not overmix, or candy will get stiff and crumbly.)
- 4. Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 83 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Microwave Divinity
"Excellent divinity. You're microwave's power is different though and you have to experiment with the time"
"Visit I ruined all the ingredients as my mixer only took less than 4 minutes to overmix. No way was it 15-20 minutes."
"Best divinity recipe ever! You must follow directions exactly as stated. I have always struggled with making divinity and had many fails. Not this time! Will definitely make again!!"
"This was my first time making divinity..the recipe was easy to follow but I was a little slow on the last step..adding the pecans and the vanilla. Even after that mistake it still came out wonderful!!"
"Love divinity!! Especially when I don't have to use a thermometer or any ball stages."