Not only is this the best-tasting divinity I've ever made, it's the easiest! Try it with and without the pecans.—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 egg whites
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. bowl, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until a candy thermometer reads 260°(hard-ball stage), stirring every 2 minutes. Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 15-20 minutes. Immediately stir in pecans and vanilla. (Do not overmix, or candy will get stiff and crumbly.)
- Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Microwave Divinity in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p120
Reviews for Microwave Divinity
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review