Microwave Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside (do not drain).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 3-qt. dish, microwave butter on high for 40-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the cheese. Heat for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Stir in corn and vegetable mixture. Cook on high for 1-1/2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 264 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Corn Chowder
"I have been making this recipe for years. Not only is it good it is economical to make. This is one of my 9 year olds favorite things to eat!"
"This is excellent. I often make it for church functions."