Microwave Corn Bread Casserole
I always seem to be short on time, so this quick-and-easy supper is just perfect for me. You can find the ingredients in my kitchen any day of the week!—Cynthia Rodgers, Brewton, Alabama
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, combine vegetables,
- ham and stuffing mix; mix well. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt
- and pepper. Pour over corn bread mixture. cover and refrigerate for
- at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and
- microwave on high for 14-18 minutes or until a knife inserted in the
- center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand
- for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 358 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.