Microwave Classic Chili
For several years I taught a microwave cooking class sponsored by a local department store. Class participants raced about this recipe the most and were amazed it takes less that 20 minutes to cook! - Joanna Johnson, Vestal, New York
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crumble the beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Add onion; mix
- well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and mustard;
- mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 6-1/2 minutes. Add beans
- and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes longer. Add
- salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.