Microwave Clam Chowder Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled uncooked potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In covered 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, cook bacon on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to drain; set aside. Drain clam juice into the drippings. Stir in potatoes and onion. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once or twice. Stir flour into 1/4 cup of milk; add to potato mixture. Stir in salt, pepper and remaining milk. Cover and cook on medium for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Stir in clams and butter. Garnish with bacon and parsley. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Clam Chowder
"I've never made clam chowder before so I can't compare recipes but this was easy and tasty. I did substitute 1/2 cup of heavy cream for some of the milk. My kids would have preferred it tobe thicker."