- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled uncooked potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley
- In covered 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, cook bacon on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to drain; set aside. Drain clam juice into the drippings. Stir in potatoes and onion. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once or twice. Stir flour into 1/4 cup of milk; add to potato mixture. Stir in salt, pepper and remaining milk. Cover and cook on medium for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Stir in clams and butter. Garnish with bacon and parsley. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
Originally published as Microwave Clam Chowder in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p45
Reviews for Microwave Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"I've never made clam chowder before so I can't compare recipes but this was easy and tasty. I did substitute 1/2 cup of heavy cream for some of the milk. My kids would have preferred it tobe thicker."