- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 9 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and syrup. Gently stir in bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Microwave at 50% power for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with bread pudding. Sprinkle with candies if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2 cups whipped cream).
Originally published as Microwave Chocolate Bread Pudding in Country Woman December/January 2011, p47
Reviews for Microwave Chocolate Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Pudding >
- Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >