Microwave Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 9 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and syrup. Gently stir in bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Microwave at 50% power for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with bread pudding. Sprinkle with candies if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2 cups whipped cream).
1 piece with about 3 tablespoons whipped cream (calculated without candies) equals 354 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.