Microwave Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring once; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip the chicken into egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place in a lightly greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, rotating a half turn after 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour tomato mixture over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 241 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.