- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring once; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip the chicken into egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place in a lightly greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, rotating a half turn after 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Microwave Chicken Parmesan
Sort By :
The wattage just means that if it is lower than the 1,100 it will take longer to cook.
Have made this MANY times. So easy and always gets raves. I cover the dish with a lid but wax paper, etc. would also work. The name was originally Chicken Breast Cacciatore. I do not know why they changed the name for this site. I had a very difficult time trying to find it in order to add it to my recipe box.
Sorry about that I have just seen the wattage printed below, but would still like to know about the cover.
This sounds lovely, does it matter what wattage the microwave is? When you say cover is that with a lid or baking paper?