"I make this moist chicken often in summer when we want something quick and yummy," writes Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah. With its golden coating, this entree is special enough for company.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring once; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip the chicken into egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place in a lightly greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, rotating a half turn after 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Chicken Parmesan in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Microwave Chicken Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review