Microwave Carrot Casserole
I received this speedy recipe from a cooking class when I bought my first microwave years ago. It always gets rave reviews.—Ruth Barry, Sacramento, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender,
- stirring once; drain and return to dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, cheese, onion, milk and mustard. Pour
- over carrots; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2
- minutes. Toss the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes longer. Let stand for 2
- minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 293 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein.