Microwave Cake Mix Recipe
Sandy Shineldecker relies on her microwave to bake this from-scratch cake in less than 15 min. "I'm always looking for recipes that save minutes and money," says the Hart, Michigan reader. "This tasty chocolate cake mix does just that."
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cake):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- Frosting of your choice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 batches (6 cups total).
- To prepare cake: In a bowl, combine 2 cups mix, eggs, mayonnaise and milk; mix until combined. Pour into a well-greased 8-in. round microwave-safe casserole dish. Microwave at 50% power for 5-1/2 minutes. Microwave on high 3-1/2 to 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from dish to a wire rack. Frost when completely cooled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Cake Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p33
Reviews for Microwave Cake Mix(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review