Microwave Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Place the brussels sprouts in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring and rotating a quarter turn every 2 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese begins to melt. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over sprouts. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Brussels Sprouts
"Just made this tonight because I was looking for an easy recipe using cheese and my frozen brussels sprouts. It was very easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definetely make this one again."