When your conventional oven is filled with the turkey and side dishes, these dressed-up brussels sprouts can be prepared in the microwave. I think you will agree the cheese topping makes these sprouts special enough to include in a holiday meal. -Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place the brussels sprouts in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring and rotating a quarter turn every 2 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese begins to melt. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over sprouts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p31
Reviews for Microwave Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
"Just made this tonight because I was looking for an easy recipe using cheese and my frozen brussels sprouts. It was very easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definetely make this one again."