When I need to make a treat on a moment's notice, this is the recipe I reach for. The brownies cook up quickly in the microwave.Marie Peart, Hagersville, Ontario
9-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt on medium speed for 1
- minute. Add butter; beat until blended. Combine flour and cocoa.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Transfer
- to a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 3-4 minutes, rotating every 1 minute or until a moist
- area about 1-1/4 in. in diameter remains in the center (when
- touched, brownie will cling to your finger while area underneath
- will be almost dry). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield:
- 9-12 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.