Microwave Broccoli and Rice Recipe
From Cleveland, Oklahoma, Shirley Tockey shares this speedy side dish that's sized right for two. Broccoli and instant rice made it perfect alongside most any entree, and using the microwave helps you ring the dinner bell in no time.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 teaspoons butter, cut up
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1. In a 3-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, rice, butter, bouillon and pepper. Top with broccoli florets. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 143 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC