- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 teaspoons butter, cut up
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a 3-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, rice, butter, bouillon and pepper. Top with broccoli florets. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Broccoli and Rice in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p18
Reviews for Microwave Broccoli and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review