"I came up with this warm dessert when baby-sitting on a cold rainy night," says Victoria Kvassay of Covina, California. "The kids were asking for something sweet, and I was craving bread pudding."
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 slices white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, quartered
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream, chocolate chips, cream cheese, sugar and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Add the bread cubes; toss to coat.
- Place half of the bread mixture in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; top with the remaining bread mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until peanut butter cups are melted. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p49
Reviews for Microwave Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review