Microwave Black Bean Burritos Recipe
“I found this recipe when searching for a quick and easy dish. After making it just once, we were hooked! The zesty flavor was a great surprise," writes Amy Chop from Eufaula, Alabama.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- 1. Place beans in a large microwave-safe bowl; mash lightly. Stir in the chilies, onion, peppers, oil, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- 2. Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- 3. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 25-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
2 burritos (calculated without salsa and sour cream) equals 534 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC