Microwave Beef Casserole Recipe
"This microwave dish is great when time is short," writes Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. "I sometimes use cooked wild rice instead. Add a vegetable and crusty rolls for a delicious dinner."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 5 large fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Crumble beef into a microwave-safe 3-qt. dish; add onion. Loosely cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring twice; drain. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in soup, almonds and mushrooms.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, butter and remaining water; spoon over beef mixture. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 510 calories, 30g fat (10g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Beef Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC