Microwave Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 to 8 medium tart apples peeled and sliced (8 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Toss apples with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour; place in a greased 8-in. microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate. In a bowl, combine oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until the apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 283 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Apple Crisp
"I cut this recipe down to 1 serving, but didn't adjust for time. Apples came out rubbery, and topping was hard. Flavor was still very good though. I will try again, but remember to change the cook time."
"So easy and delicious. I used Jonathan apples. I topped it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"easy and yummy on a cold day!"