Microwave Apple Crisp
"When my siblings and I were young, we loved it when our mom made this old-fashioned-tasting treat," recalls Sharon Missel of Penfield, New York. "Now I frequently fix this comforting dessert for my family."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 to 8 medium tart apples peeled and sliced (8 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Toss apples with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour;
- place in a greased 8-in. microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate. In a
- bowl, combine oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover with
- waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until the apples
- are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.