Microwave Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 to 8 medium tart apples peeled and sliced (8 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Toss apples with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour; place in a greased 8-in. microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate. In a bowl, combine oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until the apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 283 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Microwave Apple Crisp
"Easy, quick and good! To save time we didn't peel the apples. Within minutes the house smelled great. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I love preparing classic dishes that are great tasting but easy to put together."
"I cut this recipe down to 1 serving, but didn't adjust for time. Apples came out rubbery, and topping was hard. Flavor was still very good though. I will try again, but remember to change the cook time."
"So easy and delicious. I used Jonathan apples. I topped it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Easy and yummy on a cold day!"