Acorn squash is my favorite fall vegetable—and it goes to great use in this quick-and-easy side dish.—Rita McPherson, Nashua, New Hampshire
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 2/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Cut in half; remove seeds and strings. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Place squash, cut side down on in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave for 4-1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the crackers, butter, brown sugar and nutmeg. Turn squash over; fill with cracker mixture. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Acorn Squash in Country Woman September/October 2000, p35
Reviews for Microwave Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review