Micro-Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, combine the first four ingredients. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until the garlic is soft. Stir in browning sauce. Add potatoes and pepper; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, turning and stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.