- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Optional toppings: vanilla yogurt and additional dried cranberries and sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Michigan Fruit Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
I have made this at least 5 or 6 times now. It has become one of my favorite breakfasts. Tastes great with the cinnamon chunky applesauce I canned!
Just oatmeal with fruit, nothing special
I did not have chunky applesauce, so it may be better with that or with some chopped apples as others have suggested. I think it needs a touch of salt and some cinnamon. It was good, but I think it would be less trouble to just make some oatmeal and add in the fruit, etc.
I made this for Breakfast for my Husband and I yesterday and it was Delicious! It will be a keeper for sure and can be changed out with other fruits as well. I used maple syrup and chopped fresh apples with an individual cinnamon apple sauce and added 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Generous serving so we have enough for leftovers too! Will try individual dishes next time. A wonderful new flavor for breakfast or whenever! Will be great for Winter even in Fl.
This by far the best baked oatmeal I've ever had. I added a chopped apple and used chopped walnuts instead of almonds. It's so creamy and was really good the next day. Next time I'm going to make this for dessert and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. YUM!! Give it a try...you won't be disappointed.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >