- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Optional toppings: vanilla yogurt and additional dried cranberries and sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Michigan Fruit Baked Oatmeal
"I've made this for a Christmas brunch the past few years, and it's been a big hit. It's got lots of good flavor, and is an easy way to serve oatmeal and keep it ready without it getting "gloppy". Love the cranberries!"
"I love to serve oatmeal in different forms, and baked oatmeal is wonderful! This one is so good with all the different fruits and applesauce. Will make this again."
"I have made this at least 5 or 6 times now. It has become one of my favorite breakfasts. Tastes great with the cinnamon chunky applesauce I canned!"
"Just oatmeal with fruit, nothing special"