Whole-grain oatmeal is a delicious way to start every day. For a change, swap chunks of granny smith apples for the dried fruit. Leftovers warm well in the microwave.—Jeanette Kass, Ravenna, Michigan
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Optional toppings: vanilla yogurt and additional dried cranberries and sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Michigan Fruit Baked Oatmeal in Country Woman April/May 2010, p46
Reviews for Michigan Fruit Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review