- 7 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 9 cups)
- 3 ounces spring mix salad greens (about 5 cups)
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Place raspberries, vinegars, preserves and sugar in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Michigan Cherry Salad
"Very good. Perfect for a family dinner."
"My guests loved this salad!! I followed the recipe to a T and it was delicious! I was a little scared about using the Gorgonzola cheese, but it really did made the dish. (It's an acquired taste) I'll definitely be making this again!!"
"I thought this was delicious. I normally make all of my salad dressings and have never made one with berries in it. Brilliant idea. I added more sugar and a little honey as it needed more sweetness because the berries were tart. I substituted feta for the gorgonzola as I had it on hand. I also used glazed pecans as I already had those. My dinner guests loved it and I am planning on making it for Thanksgiving. Great salad to add to my rotation. Thanks for sharing."