Michigan Cherry Drops Recipe
I usually double this recipe so that I have plenty to share during the holidays. Pretty pink cookies such as these are a wonderful treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 cups chopped maraschino cherries
- 2-2/3 cups raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in walnuts, cherries and raisins.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 14 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 117 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Michigan Cherry Drops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC