Michigan Beans and Sausage Casserole Recipe
I got this recipe from a church cookbook years ago. Bean casseroles are a big hit at potlucks and picnics.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or smoked Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard. Stir in beans and sausage mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC