I got this recipe from a church cookbook years ago. Bean casseroles are a big hit at potlucks and picnics.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard. Stir in beans and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Michigan Beans and Sausage in Country Extra July 1999, p49
Reviews for Michigan Beans and Sausage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review