- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or smoked Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard. Stir in beans and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Michigan Beans and Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
This was very good. The only thing I would change is cutting down the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and the sugar to 1/4 cup. It was a bit too sweet.
Great flavor !
I used the smoked turkey sausage and cut it down for four.
This recipe would have been ok if the beans would have remained intact. They just turned to mush. It was still ok but I won't make it again.