Just let these go all day for a great-tasting baked bean side dish.—Sondra Bergy, Lowell, Michigan
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 large sweet onion, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Michigan Bean Bake in Reminisce March/April 1991, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Michigan Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review