- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 large sweet onion, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Michigan Bean Bake
Sort By :
"Sooooo delicious and easy! Am always asked to bring this to family gatherings. Can lightly brown pork ahead but comes out tender and delicious either way. Have been making this for years and years."
"I first made this rec. in 1991 and continue to do so often. It is rich but just wonderful to take to pot lucks. Often I freeze a portion to use for a future meal. I lost my receipe. This week searched several days. Finally thought of conecting on web site. Glad I did as I didn't think you would still have the receipe. Thanks."