“During a visit several years ago, we let our 3-year-old grandson, Robert, help trim some two dozen of these Mice Cupcakes I was making for a party. It was quite a project…but he enjoyed every minute!”
24 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 48 vanilla wafers
- Red Hots, red gumdrops and red shoestring licorice
- Prepare cake batter and bake according to package directions for
- cupcakes, using foil- or paper-lined muffin tins. Remove from pans
- to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes generously with vanilla frosting. For ears, position
- two vanilla wafers on each cupcake. Add Red Hots for eyes and
- gumdrops for noses. Insert short pieces of licorice for whiskers and
- longer pieces for tails. Yield: 2 dozen.