Mice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, halved
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 60 pieces red and/or black shoestring licorice (2 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; pinch front of each ball to form a nose. Add two peanuts halves for ears, two raisin pieces for eyes and one red-hot for nose. Poke a hole for tail with a toothpick. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks Insert licorice pieces for tails. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Mice Cookies
Sort By :
The kids love these!!!! I used mini chocolate chips for the eyes and pink heart sprinkles for the noses. They are so cute and always have a great impact on a cookie tray too.
the red hot candies melted while cooking and the raisins were hard to work with. mini choc chips work much better for the eyes and I used giant pink sprinkles for the nice. much easier
We have been making this mice cookies for years (since they appeared in my Taste of Home Magazine). My kids love making them and eating them. The kids insist on taking photos of the group, of them in their hands, and of them half in their mouth with the tail hanging out. What can be more fun for a kid, than pretending!
We substitute mini-M&Ms for the eyes and nose.