Mexicorn Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in salsa, corn, cheese, sour cream, bacon and jalapeno. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin (prepared with fat-free milk, reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.