Mexicorn Muffins Recipe
"I use bacon, jalapeno pepper and a few other favorite items to put a different twist on a corn muffin mix," explains Judy Foley, Ridgeway, Virginia. "The moist bites complement a breakfast of scrambled eggs. They freeze well, too, but with my household of three guys, I can't keep them in the freezer for very long," she adds.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in salsa, corn, cheese, sour cream, bacon and jalapeno. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 146 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Mexicorn Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC