Mexicorn Grits Recipe
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 362 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Mexicorn Grits
"This was my first experience with both eating and making grits. They were very good and reminded me of polenta...but better. I will definitely be trying other grits recipes."
"This recipe is such a crowd pleaser!!!"
"This was so yummy! I did not add the extra 2/3 C butter (my nutritionist side wouldn't let me!) but everything else about it was fabulous. The whole family liked it."
"This is so delicious, comforting and creamy. My family loves it!"