Mexicorn Grits Recipe
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 362 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Mexicorn Grits
"This was my first experience with both eating and making grits. They were very good and reminded me of polenta...but better. I will definitely be trying other grits recipes."
"This recipe is such a crowd pleaser!!!"
"This was so yummy! I did not add the extra 2/3 C butter (my nutritionist side wouldn't let me!) but everything else about it was fabulous. The whole family liked it."
"This is so delicious, comforting and creamy. My family loves it!"