I grew up on grits and have fixed them various ways. I decided to put a new twist on them with this recipe, and my husband says it's a keeper. Even the leftovers are good.—Barbara Moorhead, Gaffney, South Carolina
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mexicorn Grits in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p41
Reviews for Mexicorn Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review