Mexicorn Grits Recipe
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mexicorn Grits(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is such a crowd pleaser!!!
This was so yummy! I did not add the extra 2/3 C butter (my nutritionist side wouldn't let me!) but everything else about it was fabulous. The whole family liked it.
This is so delicious, comforting and creamy. My family loves it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >