Mexicana Skillet Stew Recipe
Bobby Walker brings the Southwest to her table with this super supper. "I sometimes serve this hearty mixture in warm flour tortillas," writes the Lake Isabella, California reader. "Add some scrambled eggs and you have a terrific breakfast burrito," she suggests.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef, potatoes, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add picante sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexicana Skillet Stew in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p62
Reviews for Mexicana Skillet Stew(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >