Mexican Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg, oil, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, jalapeno and onion; stir to coat. Stir in biscuit mix and cheese.
- 2. Pour into a 15-oz. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cups: 185 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Zucchini Casserole
"I just made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I'm not a fan of spicy foods so I omitted the jalapeno pepper. Next time I might put in a little more cheese since I feel almost everything could use a little more!"
"wonderful , fast and easy."
"I did not shred the zucchini but instead cut them into small wedges.I also doubled the amount of cheese called for. I let the casserole bake 5 minutes longer."