Use some of your garden bounty to whip up this zesty quiche-like casserole that teams zucchini with cheese, onion, egg and jalapeno pepper. Dolores Kitzinger of Appleton, Wisconsin sent in the recipe. "You could serve it as a meatless main dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner," she notes.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, oil, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, jalapeno and onion; stir to coat. Stir in biscuit mix and cheese.
- Pour into a 15-oz. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Zucchini Casserole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 35
Reviews for Mexican Zucchini Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review